A Simple and Delicious Pork Shoulder Butt Roast Recipe
One bite of this pork shoulder butt roast and your dinner guests will be begging for more. To prepare it, you'll only need a few minutes, and the rest of the time will be spent waiting for the oven. Incredibly tasty and juicy, this roast will replace all others as your party staple.
Recipe for Roasted Pork Shoulder Without Bones
You can spend very little time in the kitchen preparing this boneless pork shoulder butt roast. It will take you no more than 5 minutes to get this roast ready for the oven.
This meal will blow your mind with its tenderness and flavor. In other words, it's ideal for a special event.You won't believe how juicy, flavorful, and satisfying this pork shoulder butt roast is. Jump to:
The Components of a Pork Shoulder Butt Roast
A fat cap may or may not be present on the pork shoulder butt roast you select. It's a matter of taste.
- Boneless pork shoulder butt roast, weighing in at 5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (or Dijon or German mustard)
- Seasoning for the pork roast: 2 tablespoons (use my recipe or your preferred brand).
For ingredients, measurements, and step-by-step instructions with helpful hints, please refer to the free printable recipe card below. *
More Recipes, Please! Simply provide your email address and we'll deliver them right to your inbox.
Pork Shoulder: The Ultimate Roasting Guide
Although baking time for this roast is substantial, the necessary preparation time is minimal. Take out your knife and roasting pan and you're ready to go.
Depending on appetites, a 5-pound roast can feed up to 10 people.
- Preheat Initial steps...heat oven to 400°F (205°C) Use cold water to thoroughly rinse and pat dry your 5-pound pork roast.
- Sprinkle seasonings on the roast Coat the pork with the olive oil or mustard of your choice and place it on a roasting rack. Distribute 2 tablespoons of pork roast seasoning liberally over the meat.
- Roast For 1 hour, fat-side up, roast the pork until it appears lightly browned. The pork should be roasted at 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 degrees Celsius) for the first hour, then lowered to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees C) and left in the oven for four more hours, or until tender and the fat cap (if present) is crispy.
- Rest Put the roast on a large cutting board or platter and tent it with foil. After 30 minutes, slice and serve.
Accompany your roast with honey roasted acorn squash and red potato wedges or roasted red potatoes. If people are really hungry, you can serve a wedge salad on the side. Enjoy
Recipe Notes and Angela's Hints
- Seal your roast and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Put your cooled roast into a freezer storage bag after wrapping it tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Allow it to defrost completely before reheating after freezing it for up to 6 months.
- Put the leftovers on a rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with some water or broth, and cover with aluminum foil. Heat it in an oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) until it is hot all the way through.
What Is The Cooking Time For A Pork Shoulder Butt Roast?
Roasts typically take 1 hour per pound when cooked at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius). Ensure that your pork is perfectly tender.
Nope The pork won't be roasted if water is added to the pan. The meat might get soggy if you do this.
Can I roast a pork shoulder without covering it?
Nope To achieve a nice and crispy exterior, start with a higher temperature and leave the roast uncovered. Then lower the heat and let it cook through.
Roasts, Roasts, and More Roasts
What do you think of the recipes you've tried? In the recipe card down below, please rate this recipe 5 stars, and reviews and feedback can be left in the comments section further down the page.
Join me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to keep in touch. When you make one of my recipes, be sure to post a photo and tag me in it.
What You Need: A Recipe
- First, make sure your oven is heated to a temperature of at least 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). In order to prepare your pork roast, wash it in cold water and pat it dry.The pork shoulder butt roast weighs 5 pounds and is boneless.
- Coat your pork with extra virgin olive oil (or your preferred mustard) and place it on a roasting rack. Rinse the meat and rub it down with pork roast seasoning.2 tablespoons of olive oil, Seasoning for a roast pork, 2 tablespoons
- For 1 hour, with the fat side up, roast the pork until it is lightly browned. The pork should be roasted for 4 hours at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) until it is tender and the fat cap, if present, is crispy.
- Using aluminum foil, place the roast on a large platter or cutting board. Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- The roast can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days if it is well-wrapped and stored in a sealed container.
- In order to freeze a roast, you must first allow it to cool completely before wrapping it tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil and placing it in a freezer storage bag. It keeps well in the freezer for up to 6 months; just defrost it completely before reheating.
- Reheating leftovers is as simple as spreading them out on a baking sheet, splashing them with water or broth, and covering them with aluminum foil. Put it in a preheated oven at 300 degrees. temperature of 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) until heated through
Angela is a home cook who discovered early on in life that she loved to bake and cook thanks to her grandmother's influence. She has worked in the food service industry for quite some time, and now she enjoys spending her time here at Bake It With Love sharing the delicious meals and sweet treats she has created for her family and friends.
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a