Fried Fish with a Southern Twist (The Whiting Fish Recipe)
Flaky and golden whiting from the South, seasoned and fried in a pan. White whiting is a delicious, flaky fish. Combining flawlessly with hushpuppies ...or a helping of coleslaw
My crispy tuna patties seasoned with lemon, garlic, herbs, and parmesan are a must-try for fans of this fish dish. Amazing
Creole-Style Fish and Chips
Sandwiches with fried fish
Whenever I have fried fish, I always pair it with tartar sauce. Get some good tartar sauce or whip up some on the fly, and don't forget the wheat bread. Spread the tartar sauce on the wheat bread (or other bread) slices.
When I make a sandwich, I spread tartar sauce on both sides of one slice of bread, but I tend to spread more on one side than the other. Put some tartar sauce on some bread, drizzle some hot sauce on top, and top it all off with some fried, crispy fish.
Here's your chance to try frying whiting fish for the first time if you haven't already. If fresh whiting is available, use it instead of the frozen variety in this recipe. Oh my god, it gets better
Pan-fried fish recipe
I can't believe how simple this recipe is. Three to four minutes on each side is all it takes to cook a whole whiting.
Advice on how to fry whiting fish
To properly fry the fish, you'll need a pan with a heavy bottom, such as a cast-iron skillet.
Use whatever fish you like. Species of fish such as tilapia, whiting, cod, and catfish A whiting fish was what I used.
It may be necessary to clean the fish without damaging the meat.
Avoid using flour if you need a gluten-free option.
You should dry the fish thoroughly before dredging them.
Fish seasoning lightly with salt Pepper it.
Gently bread the fish, pressing down to remove any excess flour, and then drop it into hot oil.
Apply the coating and set the fish aside for 10 to 15 minutes. it's better if it's longer You can prevent the coating from flaking off with this!
Make sure you're using a heavy-duty frying pan or a cast-iron skillet.
Add oil to the pan until it reaches about halfway up the sides.
When the oil reaches a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit, you can begin frying the fish.
Do you know if whiting fish is on your menu? If so, please tell me about it! Do you have something to say?
- 2 lb Fillet of Fish Catfish, Cod, and Whiting
- The perfect balance of salt and pepper
- Cooking oil made from vegetables
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Blanket Flour Use
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
- ¼ tsp fiery pepper aka cayenne
- In order to enhance the flavor, sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.
- Season the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside Mix all of the dry ingredients, including the spices, in a large bowl.
- Bread the fillets by dredging them one at a time in the flour and egg mixture. Coat the fillets and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Observe them for 10 to 15 minutes. Largely preheat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit over medium heat in a skillet. Half-way fill the pan with vegetable oil. *See notes Keep the fillets from crowding the pan and fry them in batches. Turn after 3 to 4 minutes of cooking. Paper towel draining. Since the crispiness won't last long, serve right away.
- Whiting, cod, or catfish are all good options.
- Make sure the fish has been properly deboned.
- Remove the flour if you need a gluten-free version.
- Drip-dry the fish.
- Salt and pepper the fish lightly.
- Use a light hand when pressing the breading into the fish, and make sure to remove any excess flour before frying.
- Apply the coating and set the fish aside for 10 minutes. To prevent the coating from flaking off, do this.
- If you want to fry your fish, use a high-quality non-stick pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Make sure the oil level in the pan doesn't go higher than halfway.
- Before adding the fish to the hot oil, check the temperature to make sure it is at 350 degrees F.
These additional southern recipes may also be to your liking:
Southern ColeslawKetchup with a Southern Twist
Warm and Gooey Cornbread from the South
Candied yams from the South
Grilled Beef Ribs
Vinegar and Onion BBQ Sauce
Delicious Hush Puppies
Yummy mashed potatoes topped with sour cream
Sweet Potato Pie from the South
Do you want to eat this fried whiting or not? Post it on Facebook or pin it to Pinterest Do not forget to add me as a follower on Pinterest too
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a