Get Addicted to This Mouth-Watering Sauteed Cabbage Recipe!
Do you find it hard to love vegetables? Hold on until you get a taste of this delicious and easy-to-make Sautéed Cabbage side dish that only takes 20 minutes to prepare. The caramelized cabbage with brown bits will make you want to twirl it on your fork and munch it right out of the pan! Even if you are not fond of cabbages, this dish is guaranteed to surprise and delight you.
- To make this delicious Sautéed Cabbage, you will only need four ingredients, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter, and a secret ingredient, Apple Cider Vinegar. Follow these instructions to make the perfect Sautéed Cabbage:
- - 1 small head green cabbage, around 2 1/2 pounds
- - 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- - 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- - 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- - 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Cut the cabbage in half and slice it into fine ribbons, then discard the core.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil so it covers the bottom of the pan.
3. Melt the unsalted butter in the pan, then add the cabbage to the pan with the salt and pepper.
4. Stir the cabbage every once in a while, letting it cook down for 10-15 minutes until it caramelizes and turns golden.
5. After it has caramelized, add 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to the cabbage and stir.
6. Take off the heat and serve warm.
Aside from being delicious, Sautéed Cabbage is low in calories, which makes it perfect if you are looking to maintain or lose weight. The dish also contains a lot of fiber, which is good for digestion, and high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants, which are essential for a healthy immune system.
- Besides being a great standalone, this dish also goes well alongside other recipes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sautéed Cabbage and Onions. Add 1 thinly sliced yellow onion to the pan with the cabbage.
- Sautéed Cabbage with Bacon. Add 6 strips of uncooked bacon to your pan before adding the cabbage. If you love bacon and veggies, you’ll adore Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts.
- Sautéed Zucchini or Roasted Zucchini. These vegetable dishes are quick and easy and pair well with Sautéed Cabbage.
- Sautéed Cabbage and Carrots. Adding carrots is another way to make this dish more colorful, flavorful and delicious and a great way to add a few more vitamins to your meal.
- Fried Cabbage. This recipe is a similar take to sautéed cabbage but pan-fried and might appeal to some that prefer fried food.
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli. If you need another side dish, this recipe is easy and so tasty!
Whichever way you decide to serve your Sautéed Cabbage, one thing is clear, it is a simple, healthy, and delicious side dish that you will be glad you tried. Don't be surprised if this recipe becomes a new family favorite!
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a