Method for Making Eggs Over Easy
Over Easy Eggs, in which the runny yolk is encased in the cooked and firm whites, are a popular breakfast dish. Whether you're making avocado toast, fried rice, or a breakfast rice bowl, these 3 minute eggs will turn out perfectly every time. A breakfast dish is instantly improved by the addition of a runny egg yolk, which adds a creamy richness.
One of our favorite meals is a fried egg on top of rice. Here's a straightforward over-easy eggs recipe that always produces perfectly runny eggs. Just 3 minutes and 3 easy steps are all it takes to make.Jump to:
The Source of Your Egg Supply
In general, we support the use of pasture-raised eggs. Pasture-raised eggs are produced by hens that have access to outdoor pastures. Due to this, the eggs are bursting with nutrition and flavor. The yolks of the eggs show this by being a vibrant orange and red.
Vital Farms is the distributor of the best eggs we've found so far that come from chickens raised on pasture. Vital Farms collaborates with handpicked farmers all over the USA.
- Butter — Butter provides an extra layer of fat that prevents the eggs from sticking to the pan.
- Eggs are a great source of protein, and fresh eggs are even better. Flavor-wise, pasture-raised eggs are superior to their cage-raised counterparts, and nutritionally, they offer more vitamins and omega-3 fats.
- When you add salt to your eggs, the flavor really pops.
- Add some pepper for some heat.
To determine how much of each ingredient to use, consult the recipe card.
Methods for Making Perfect Eggs Over Easy
- Melt butter - In a cast-iron or nonstick skillet, melt butter over low to medium heat.
- When the butter is melted and foamy, season the egg with salt and pepper and crack it onto the skillet.
- The recommended cooking time for an egg is two minutes. Use a spatula to flip the egg once the whites have turned from transparent to white and the edges have crisped. Cook for another 30 seconds. Put the egg on a plate and savor it.
To make it easier to flip the eggs, only fry a few at a time when frying them in a pan.
Recipe for Eggs Over Easy
Quick and simple, you can enjoy these eggs in countless ways. Spread on toast with some fresh pepper, Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, and avocado, and you have yourself a delicious breakfast. Pairing them with fried rice or baked sweet potato hash is a breeze, too. Since it is sticky, it is great for dipping breakfast meat and rice.
Yes These fried eggs have a lot of healthy nutrients, including protein, biotin, iron, vitamins, zinc, and magnesium. Eggs lose their nutritional value if cooked for too long, so be careful not to overcook them. When eggs are cooked for a longer period of time, more of their nutritional value is lost.
The eggs can be cooked in olive oil, too. Instead of margarine, we prefer butter because of its superior flavor.
Simmering water is used to prepare poached eggs. When the white is set but the yolk is still runny, the eggs are removed. Pan-fried eggs are prepared in this way.
Unlike sunny-side-up eggs, which are only fried on one side, over-easy eggs are cooked on both sides.
The eggs you cook for yourself are delicious, but your dogs will love them even more because they are packed with protein and vitamins. You should be careful to limit their diet to no more than one egg per day (less if you have a small dog), though.
Varieties of Egg Cooking
Although eggs over easy are our favorite, we eat them any way they come. If you're looking for some creative egg recipes, try these:
- Scrambled eggs are always made soft and fluffy in our house. Burrata, tomato, and arugula are some of our favorite ingredients for a Soft Scramble.
- Hard-boiled eggs are perfect for those who like their egg salad with a more solid yolk and who want to save time by not having to cook the eggs themselves. Putting eggs in cold water after they have cooled from being boiled for 10 minutes will allow you to remove the shells without breaking them.
- To make eggs sunny-side-up, you cook them so that the whites are firm but the yolk is still runny on one side.
- Over Easy Eggs - Eggs cooked for a shorter amount of time than usual, so that the yolk is still very runny.
- Over-hard eggs, which are similar to hard-boiled eggs but have a completely cooked through yolk, are delicious in breakfast sandwiches.
- Spreadable jammy texture characterizes the soft yolk of soft-boiled jammy eggs. They're simple to whip up and delicious on toast, ramen, salad, or avocado toast sprinkled with truffle salt.
- Follow the instructions for Soft Boiled Jammy Eggs, except reduce the boiling time to 5 minutes for runny eggs that are perfect for spooning over rice. How to incorporate this soft boiled egg into a tasty breakfast is demonstrated by our Bacon and Egg Breakfast Rice Bowl.
To make these eggs over easy, you'll need only a few simple ingredients. You can use a regular skillet or nonstick pan to make these fried eggs, and a silicone baking spatula is recommended for flipping the eggs. Seasoning a regular pan will make it non-stick, making it much easier to flip the eggs.
We have a wide variety of kitchen accessories for you to peruse in our Kitchen Essentials Shop.
These fried eggs will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container. Reheating them is as simple as warming them in a covered pan over low heat. It's not recommended to freeze these ingredients.
Eggs are given an AA, A, or B rating by the USDA depending on their overall quality and the condition of their shell. The highest quality, or Grade AA, eggs can be quite pricey, while the more common, or Grade A, eggs are relatively inexpensive. Since AA and A grades are the highest available, they are ideal for any culinary endeavor. Frozen, liquid, or dried egg products typically use Grade B eggs because they don't meet the same standards as Grade AA and A eggs.
- Plan ahead so that your over-easy eggs are ready at the same time as the rest of your meal, and you can savor every bite of it while it's still steaming hot and delicious.
- Try to cook the eggs in a pan that won't stick if you can. This will make it so the cooked eggs can be removed easily.
- Slow and low cooking is the key to perfectly cooked eggs every time.
- To avoid scorching the butter and overcooking the eggs, you should wait a few minutes for the pan to cool between batches if you're cooking in stages.
- For the best results, always use fresh eggs. Pasture-raised eggs have a richer, more nutrient-dense yolk, so they come highly recommended.
What a great fried egg recipe! After making this dish, would you please give it a five-star rating in the recipe card below and possibly leave a comment? Thanks
The runny yolk encased in the firm whites of an over-easy egg is a culinary delight. Use our failsafe guidelines to cook perfect eggs in three minutes, whether you're making avocado toast, fried rice, or a breakfast rice bowl. Any breakfast dish benefits from the runny yolk's extra creamy richness.
Calories: 69 kcal
Author: It's Kathleen Higashiyama.
- For best results, always use fresh eggs.
- Slow and low cooking is the key to perfectly cooked eggs every time.
- For simple egg flipping, cook only a few at a time in a pan.
- The butter and eggs will be less likely to burn if you give the pan a few minutes to cool down in between batches.
Calories: 69 kcal | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 5 g | Solid Fats: 2 g | Unsaturated Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0.02 g | Cholesterol: 165 mg | Sodium: 73 mg | Potassium: 74 mg | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 254 IU | Calcium: 36 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Tag #theheirloompantry or tweet at @theheirloompantry.
Have you ever craved hash browns but didn't feel up to the task of peeling, chopping, and frying potatoes? Fear not, for frozen hash browns are a convenient shortcut for home cooks who want a quick and easy side dish. Crispy and delicious, these breakfast potatoes can also double as a steakhouse-style
Grilling a juicy and succulent cut of meat, like a steak, may appear to be a straightforward endeavor, but it's a culinary role that requires skill and mastery, particularly when it comes to achieving the desired level of doneness. The thickness and kind of steak, as well as the heat of your grill, will
No grill or smoker? No problem! Here's how to make mouth-watering BBQ pork spare ribs that are baked in the oven. They're not only shockingly delicious, but also incredibly easy to prepare. And if you pair them with homemade cornbread and coleslaw, you've got a memorable meal on your hands. Even if
Cabbage is a superb natural food that is both nutritious and economical. Furthermore, it is abundant in healthy phytochemicals, has a long shelf life, and is easy to preserve. While it does not have kale's flamboyant personality, cabbage is a master of versatility. It can transform its flavor and