Microwaving Spaghetti Squash: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a microwave, a spaghetti squash, and just 10 minutes of your time.
Of course, you have the option of roasting or baking your spaghetti squash. If that's your preferred method, we have a technique available for you. Simply click here to access it. However, if you find yourself pressed for time, cooking the spaghetti squash in the microwave is an excellent alternative that yields delicious results without the hassle.
Now, let me guide you through the process of cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave:
1. Begin by carefully cutting the spaghetti squash in half. It's crucial not to microwave the whole squash, as it may explode! Yes, believe it or not, there have been incidents of people's squash exploding while attempting to cook it intact in the microwave. To avoid this, always remember to cut it in half. Furthermore, to ensure even cooking, you can take additional precautions by poking holes through the middle of the squash with a fork before microwaving it.
2. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the squash. If it's not yet fully cooked to your desired texture, simply continue microwaving it for an additional 3-4 minutes until it reaches your preferred level of tenderness.
3. Once cooked, you'll be left with a delightful mound of spaghetti squash strands. These can be topped with tomato sauce, cheese, herbs, meatballs, or any other favorite toppings you desire. If you plan ahead and have your sauce ready to go, you can whip up a spaghetti squash dinner in a matter of minutes.
For more detailed instructions and the complete recipe, please refer to the recipe box below. You may also choose to print the recipe, leave a review, or save it to your Pinterest board for future reference.
To make this dish, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash, approximately 3 pounds
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave:
1. Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and connecting strands. Place the halves, cut side down, in an 8"x9" glass baking dish. Add enough water to fill the dish, reaching about an inch high.
2. Microwave the squash on High until the flesh becomes tender and easily separates into strands when pierced with a fork. This typically takes around 10 minutes, but cooking times may vary depending on your microwave's power and the size of the spaghetti squash. Remember to check regularly to see if it's fully cooked.
3. Once cooked, gently loosen and remove the "spaghetti strands" from the shells. Serve the spaghetti squash warm, or add cheese and your favorite pasta sauce.
- Calories: 211 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1278mg
- Potassium: 735mg
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 19g
- Vitamin A: 816IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- Iron: 2mg
Please note that this recipe was originally published in 2016. For more exciting variations of squash, feel free to explore different varieties here.
Lastly, we would like to inform you that as an associate of Amazon and a collaborator with various affiliate programs, we may earn from qualifying purchases. These small commissions contribute to the costs of maintaining this website and conducting recipe tests. We appreciate your support!
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Duration: 10 minutesRating: 5 (8184)Comments: Check out the community notes herePrepare some instant ramen noodles. Enhance the broth by adding an egg and a bit of butter. To finish it off, layer slices of American cheese on top of the steaming noodles. Add toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions on