Perfect Sweet Potatoes Roasted in an Air Fryer
Make dinner time a breeze with these delicious and simple Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes. They go well with any main course because of their crispy exterior and tender interior. Eat them as is, in salads or tacos, or as a healthy snack.
Our family now can't imagine life without these roasted sweet potatoes. My one-year-old absolutely adores these. She would ignore the rest of her meal in favor of more sweet potatoes.
This mother could care less if that happened. Sweet potatoes have many health benefits, including their high fiber and potassium content. Beta-carotene and vitamin A levels are highest in sweet potatoes with orange flesh. They're a healthier alternative to regular potatoes, as well.
Roasting is a great way to prepare these delicious sweet potatoes. The sweetness of the nuts is enhanced by roasting. My favorite appliance to use when making these quick sides is my air fryer. It's a lot easier than cranking up the oven.
My preferred method of preparation is to steam them in the instant pot. We've been eating sweet potatoes in every conceivable form, and it's been wonderful. They have become a standard item on grocery lists everywhere.
How to Choose a Sweet Potato for Roasting
There are countless types of sweet potatoes, and not all of them have the same flavor or consistency.
Roasted sweet potatoes with an orange skin have become a personal favorite. They're soft, sugary, and luscious. I'm making use of Garnet sweet potatoes today.
You should choose potatoes that are firm and have few if any bruises or discolorations. Avoid the ones that are losing their hardness. Keep them in a place that is cool, dry, dark, and has good ventilation.
The Precise Method for Roasting Sweet Potatoes
If you want to follow this recipe exactly, cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes before roasting them.
Make fries or wedges out of them if you like. Depending on their size and thickness, cooking times can vary.
It all starts with preparing the sweet potato. Using a peeler makes the skin-peeling process much simpler.
If you buy them organic, you don't need to peel them. I like my sweet potatoes unpeeled, but my family insists that they be so.
Take care when slicing sweet potatoes; a sharp chef's knife is recommended. In some cases, they can be very solid and difficult to slice.
Once peeled, cut the sweet potato in half or thirds, depending on its length.
When you're ready, place one slice vertically on the cutting board. And slash it as depicted above. Cut the slices to about half an inch in thickness.
Then, cut each slice into half-inch cubes by laying it flat on a cutting board.
Keep all of your cubes roughly the same size.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes: A Step-by-Step Guide
Sweet potatoes benefit greatly from a light dusting of seasoning. Usually, all I do is toss the cubes in a little bit of oil (either avocado or olive), some garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss the sweet potatoes in the oil and seasonings until they are evenly coated.
Getting the air fryer ready to go is a topic we should discuss. Both preheating and not doing so prior to cooking yields good results in my experience. Roasting sweet potatoes to perfection requires a few extra minutes if you don't preheat the oven first.
Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
In order to prepare this dish, I used my Instant Vortex air fryer. Preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit was the first thing I did with it.
After the preheating cycle is complete, this air fryer will prompt you to add the food and again when it's time to turn or shake the food. That, in my opinion, is a fantastic bonus.
Put in air fryer for 10–12 minutes to achieve ideal texture. At the 6-minute mark, give the basket a good shake.
Add a few more minutes of cooking time if you prefer a crunchier texture.
Since air frying requires much less time than the oven, I use it frequently and for smaller quantities.
Keep in mind that I cut these even smaller when making them for the baby and air fry them for only 8-10 minutes.
To bake, set the oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and leave the dish in there for about 30 minutes. Every 10 to 15 minutes, stir the sweet potatoes to ensure even cooking.
Expert Advice from Me
- Air fryer capacity should be respected. Prepare food in stages.
- You can skip the pre-roasting boiling step and roast them straight away. Yay
- They will soften as they cool, so serve them right away.
Choices in Seasonings
You can find more seasoning suggestions here.
- Seasoning mix with dried onions
- dry ground cumin
- Add some heat with chili powder or paprika.
- Powdered curry for sweet potato roasts in curry sauce Alternatively, you can use spices like turmeric, cumin, and my own personal blend of Garam Masala.
- Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning is a nice touch at the end. So good
Add sugar and the following flavors to make them tasty.
- The Term "Brown Sugar"
- Sugar Maple Syrup
- Add some holiday flavor with cinnamon and honey.
I've made these sweet potatoes in the air fryer before, and they're delicious. They go well with just about anything on the menu.
Try these other vegetables next time you use your air fryer:
- The Crunchiest Kale Chips Ever
- Seeds from a pumpkin
- Fried potatoes with the French seasoning
- Sweet potatoes should be peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Scoop the sweet potatoes into a serving dish. Throw in some spices and avocado oil. Use a lot of the seasoning, and toss the vegetables until they are evenly covered.
- Heat the air fryer to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer (cook in batches if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
- To achieve the ideal texture, spend 10–12 minutes in the air fryer. Approximately 6 minutes in, give the basket a shake.
- Set the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Sweet potatoes should be placed on a large baking sheet. The sheet pan is also a great place to add the olive oil and seasonings.
- Separated uniformly to prevent overlap The recommended cooking time is 25-30 minutes. To ensure uniform cooking, flip after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Air fryer capacity should not be exceeded. Using a batch cooking method
- They can go straight from the freezer to the oven. Yay
- Quickly serve them, as their texture will soften as they cool.
- a jar of dried onion flakes
- Ground Cumin
- spicy options include paprika or red chili powder.
- Sweet potatoes seasoned with curry powder and roasted Spice it up with some cumin, turmeric, and garam masala, or stick to the basics.
- Oh, and if you want to spice things up at the end, try Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning. So good
My best guesses are used for nutrient values. Use a nutrition calculator if you must rely on them.
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a