Shrimp (fresh or frozen) coated in a seasoned panko breading and "air-fried" to a golden crispness in an air fryer transport me back to the best day of high school: fried popcorn shrimp day.
Bookmark this dish on Pinterest for later.
I saved my minimum wage dollars by bringing my own lunch to work most days, but I was willing to risk them on the popcorn shrimp when they were served.
Each time, the results were well worth the effort.
When I was in high school, I ate a lot of junk (like French fries and a huge Rice Krispy treat if I forgot my lunch).
I'd like the weeknight meals I prepare for my family to be relatively healthy, but my love of fried shrimp from my youth persists.
Crispy Air-Fried Shrimp now available
This model of air fryer is what I own, and it requires very little oil to produce crispy, crunchy shrimp that transport me back to my childhood's most-anticipated fried shrimp lunches, but with a massive flavor and freshness upgrade.
French fries made in an air fryer are something I wish I'd known about sooner.
This shrimp dish can be whipped up in a flash, making it an ideal weeknight option.
- The air fryer only needs 4 or 5 minutes at 390 degrees F to cook shrimp.
Using an Air Fryer to Cook Shrimp
Air-fried breaded shrimp using this recipe.
- For this recipe, shrimp are double-dipped, first in an egg wash and then in a breadcrumb mixture.
- We have to use the egg wash. (Believe me, I know; I tried making the recipe without it and it was a total failure.) Without the egg, the breadcrumbs wouldn't stick to the shrimp, so you might as well just air fry them naked.
- Herbed and Parmesan breadcrumbs are delicious with any dish. Don't be afraid to experiment with different spices and seasonings to find your favorite combination.
- Shrimp Shrimp is a great protein-rich ingredient for quick and easy weeknight meals because it is both versatile and quick to prepare. Additionally, with this recipe's crispy Parmesan breading, they are sure to be a hit with the whole family. )
- Eggs Facilitates the coating's adhesion to the shrimp
- Lemon Lemon juice and zest both have acidic and sour properties.
- Breadcrumbs A flavorful breading is crucial for my Air Fryer Fried Chicken Breast and Air Fryer Chicken Tenders. For an easy flavor boost, I used whole wheat breadcrumbs seasoned with Italian seasoning.
- Parmesan The salty, cheesy flavor of the Parmesan is a delicious complement to the breadcrumbs.
- Spices Fantastic Italian flavor is added by combining garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
Those Are The Directions
- Toss the shrimp with oil, lemon zest and juice, and spices after drying them with paper towels. Give it 15 minutes at room temperature or up to an hour in the fridge.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan in a single bowl. Eggs should be beaten separately.
- The shrimp are breaded by being dipped in egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray the shrimp with nonstick spray, then lay them in the air fryer basket.
- Prepare for 2 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for an additional 2 minutes after you've flipped the shrimp. And then do it again with the remaining shrimp. ENJOY
Preparing Shrimp for the Air Fryer
Strategies for Organizing
- To Store Shrimp can be stored in the fridge for up to three days if stored in an airtight container.
- To Reheat Shrimp can be reheated in the oven or air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- To Freeze Food can be frozen for up to three months if stored in an airtight container and frozen. Defrost and reheat a frozen item
Almost any meal can be improved by adding air-fried shrimp. We love it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and mac and cheese.
See all the dishes available for viewing.
Equipment Suggested for Preparing this Dish
- Air Fryer The one I have and love has 5 5-quart capacity and a plethora of predetermined cooking options
- Pie Plate For the best breading results, I recommend using my favorite tool, which is
- Squeezer for Citrus Fruits Using this, extracting lemon juice is a breeze.
Using this premium air fryer, you can make all of your go-to, fuss-free air fryer recipes with ease. The item's removable components can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Give me your feedback.
Do me a favor and rate the recipe and comment below with your thoughts.
In the cafeteria, what dish did you always order? Please share your thoughts in the section below.
Please share your thoughts in the comments if you decide to give this recipe a try. ❤︎
Absolutely, frozen shrimp can be used in this dish. If you're using frozen shrimp, thaw them and pat them dry before adding the breading and proceeding with the recipe. Frozen shrimp can be cooked in an air fryer without thawing, but you'll need to cook them for longer and without breading because the coating won't stick.
Although jumbo shrimp are ideal for this dish, regular shrimp will do in a pinch. The cooking time for smaller shrimp will be less than that for jumbo shrimp, so keep an eye on them.
Crispy shrimp that go great with a variety of dipping sauces. They go great with my garlic butter sauce, marinara sauce, or the basil dipping sauce I make for my zucchini fries. You can make a delicious sauce by combining Old Bay with Greek yogurt and some Dijon mustard.
Shrimp Cooked in an Air Fryer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel if you like this video! Don't miss out on any of our new videos by not clicking the BELL icon (and we appreciate you subscribing in advance)! )
- 1 pound shrimp that are considered jumbo (counting between 21 and 25). cleaned (tails on or off), de-beaked, and sliced open.
- 1 tablespoon Pure, unadulterated olive oil
- 1 modest citron Ingredients for the zest and juice, plus some to serve
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Whole wheat breadcrumbs with an Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- Spray for nonstick pans
- Finely chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives server discretionary
- Put the shrimp in a large bowl and pat them dry. Pour oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper on top. Mix well, cover, and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 1 hour (any longer and the citrus juice will begin to break down the shrimp).
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a pie plate or other shallow baking dish. Get the egg ready in a separate bowl. If you want to make cleanup a breeze, keep a baking sheet on hand and line it with parchment paper.
- Take the shrimp out of the marinade and discard the liquid. Coat both sides in the breadcrumb mixture by dipping them in the beaten egg and shaking off the excess. In a baking dish that has been previously prepared.
- Air fryer temperature should be set to 390 degrees F. Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray, then arrange the shrimp in a single layer, making sure they don't touch (you may have to cook the shrimp in batches). Spray the shrimp with nonstick cooking spray, and place the basket on top.
- After 2 minutes in the air fryer, take out the basket and carefully flip the shrimp over with tongs. When the shrimp are opaque and have turned a light golden brown, return them to the air fryer for another 2 minutes. ) To cook the rest of the shrimp, repeat the previous steps (you can keep the first batch warm in an oven set to 200 degrees Fahrenheit). Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over top and garnish with parsley and chives if you like, then eat it while it's still hot.
- Store shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Shrimp can be re-crisped in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F on a baking sheet.
- FOR FREEZING: Store for up to three months in an airtight container in the freezer. Melt frozen
Sign up for an account to keep track of the resources you return to most often.Register
Check out the menus
For my part, I'm eager to observe
Make sure you're following @wellplated on Instagram and posting your photos with the hashtag #wellplated. It's fascinating to me to see what you're cooking up.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
"Hello, my name is Erin Clarke, and I am completely committed to creating healthy food that is inexpensive, simple to prepare, and most importantly, DELICIOUS." Here at wellplated, I write and create recipes. The Well Plated Cookbook and its accompanying website, com I'm here to help you cut down on prep work and cleanup because I enjoy both sweets and vegetables. WELCOME
Dig into Erin's background and personality!
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a