Shrimp (fresh or frozen) coated in a seasoned panko breading and "air-fried" to a golden crispness in an air fryer transport me back to the best day of high school: fried popcorn shrimp day. Bookmark this dish on Pinterest for later. I saved my minimum wage dollars by bringing my own
Shrimp (fresh or frozen) coated in a seasoned panko breading and "air-fried" to a golden crispness in an air fryer transport me back to the best day of high school: fried popcorn shrimp day.
Bookmark this dish on Pinterest for later.
I saved my minimum wage dollars by bringing my own lunch to work most days, but I was willing to risk them on the popcorn shrimp when they were served.
Each time, the results were well worth the effort.
When I was in high school, I ate a lot of junk (like French fries and a huge Rice Krispy treat if I forgot my lunch).
I'd like the weeknight meals I prepare for my family to be relatively healthy, but my love of fried shrimp from my youth persists.
Crispy Air-Fried Shrimp now available
This model of air fryer is what I own, and it requires very little oil to produce crispy, crunchy shrimp that transport me back to my childhood's most-anticipated fried shrimp lunches, but with a massive flavor and freshness upgrade.
French fries made in an air fryer are something I wish I'd known about sooner.
This shrimp dish can be whipped up in a flash, making it an ideal weeknight option.
- Using an air fryer, shrimp can be cooked in about 4 to 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Using an Air Fryer to Cook Shrimp
Shrimp coated in breadcrumbs and cooked in an air fryer.
- It's a variation on the classic "double-dip" technique, in which the shrimp are first coated in an egg wash and then rolled in a breadcrumb mixture.
- We have to use the egg wash. (Believe me, I know; I tried making the recipe without it and it was a total failure.) Without the egg, the breadcrumbs wouldn't stick to the shrimp, so you might as well just air fry them naked.
- Herbed and Parmesan breadcrumbs are delicious with any dish. Don't be afraid to experiment with different spices and seasonings to find your favorite combination.
- Shrimp Shrimp is a great protein-rich ingredient for quick and easy weeknight meals because it is both versatile and quick to prepare. Additionally, with this recipe's crispy Parmesan breading, they are sure to be a hit with the whole family. )
- Eggs Facilitates the coating's adhesion to the shrimp
- Lemon Lemon juice and zest both have acidic and sour properties.
- Breadcrumbs A flavorful breading is crucial for my Air Fryer Fried Chicken Breast and Air Fryer Chicken Tenders. For an easy flavor boost, I used whole wheat breadcrumbs seasoned with Italian seasoning.
- Parmesan The salty, cheesy flavor of the Parmesan is a delicious complement to the breadcrumbs.
- Spices Fantastic Italian flavor is added by combining garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
Those Are The Directions
- Toss the shrimp with oil, lemon zest and juice, and spices after drying them with paper towels. Give it 15 minutes at room temperature or up to an hour in the fridge.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan in a single bowl. Eggs should be beaten separately.
- The shrimp are breaded by being dipped in egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray the shrimp with nonstick spray, then lay them in the air fryer basket.
- Follow the instructions on the package and bake for 2 minutes at 390 degrees F. Cook for an additional 2 minutes after you've flipped the shrimp. And then do it again with the remaining shrimp. ENJOY
Preparing Shrimp for the Air Fryer
Strategies for Organizing
- To Store Shrimp can be stored in the fridge for up to three days if stored in an airtight container.
- To Reheat Shrimp can be reheated in the oven or air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- To Freeze Food can be frozen for up to three months if stored in an airtight container and frozen. Defrost and reheat a frozen item
Almost any meal can be improved by adding air-fried shrimp. We love it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and mac and cheese.
See all the dishes available for viewing.
Equipment Suggested for Preparing this Dish
- Air Fryer The one I have and love has 5 5-quart capacity and a plethora of predetermined cooking options
- Pie Plate For the best breading results, I recommend using my favorite tool, which is
- Squeezer for Citrus Fruits Using this, extracting lemon juice is a breeze.
Using this premium air fryer, you can make all of your go-to, fuss-free air fryer recipes with ease. The item's removable components can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Give me your feedback.
Do me a favor and rate the recipe and comment below with your thoughts.
In the cafeteria, what dish did you always order? Please share your thoughts in the section below.
Please share your thoughts in the comments if you decide to give this recipe a try. ❤︎
Absolutely, frozen shrimp can be used in this dish. If you're using frozen shrimp, thaw them and pat them dry before adding the breading and proceeding with the recipe. Frozen shrimp can be cooked in an air fryer without thawing, but you'll need to cook them for longer and without breading because the coating won't stick.
Although jumbo shrimp are ideal for this dish, regular shrimp will do in a pinch. The cooking time for smaller shrimp will be less than that for jumbo shrimp, so keep an eye on them.
Crispy shrimp that go great with a variety of dipping sauces. They go great with my garlic butter sauce, marinara sauce, or the basil dipping sauce I make for my zucchini fries. You can make a delicious sauce by combining Old Bay with Greek yogurt and some Dijon mustard.
Shrimp in the Air Fryer: a Video
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel if you like this video! Don't miss out on any of our new videos by not clicking the BELL icon (and we appreciate you subscribing in advance)! )
- 1 pound shrimp that are considered jumbo (counting between 21 and 25). prepped in either a raw or cooked state by having their skins removed and their internal organs removed.
- 1 tablespoon Pure, unadulterated olive oil
- 1 Lemon-sized Squeezed Ingredients for the zest and juice, plus some to serve
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon drier than dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Whole wheat breadcrumbs with an Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- Spray for nonstick pans
- Finely chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives server discretionary
- Put the shrimp in a large bowl and pat them dry. Pour oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper on top. Mix well, cover, and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 1 hour (any longer and the citrus juice will begin to break down the shrimp).
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a pie plate or other shallow baking dish. Get the egg ready in a separate bowl. If you want to make cleanup a breeze, keep a baking sheet on hand and line it with parchment paper.
- Take the shrimp out of the marinade and discard the liquid. Coat both sides in the breadcrumb mixture by dipping them in the beaten egg and shaking off the excess. In a baking dish that has been previously prepared.
- Air fryer temperature should be set to 390 degrees F. Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray, then arrange the shrimp in a single layer, making sure they don't touch (you may have to cook the shrimp in batches). Spray the shrimp with nonstick cooking spray, and place the basket on top.
- After 2 minutes in the air fryer, take out the basket and carefully flip the shrimp over with tongs. When the shrimp are opaque and have turned a light golden brown, return them to the air fryer for another 2 minutes. ) To cook the rest of the shrimp, repeat the previous steps (you can keep the first batch warm in an oven set to 200 degrees Fahrenheit). Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over top and garnish with parsley and chives if you like, then eat it while it's still hot.
- Store shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Shrimp can be re-crisped in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F on a baking sheet.
- FOR FREEZING: Store for up to three months in an airtight container in the freezer. Melt frozen
Sign up for an account to keep track of the resources you return to most often.Register
Check out the menus
For my part, I'm eager to observe
Make sure you're following @wellplated on Instagram and posting your photos with the hashtag #wellplated. Just telling me what you are cooking up is so exciting!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
"Hello, my name is Erin Clarke, and I am completely committed to creating healthy food that is inexpensive, simple to prepare, and most importantly, DELICIOUS." Here at wellplated, I write and create recipes. The Well Plated Cookbook and its accompanying website, com I'm here to help you cut down on prep work and cleanup because I enjoy both sweets and vegetables. WELCOME
Explore Erin's background information.
Flaky, sweet meat from an eel can be prepared in a number of different ways, and eels purchased from a grocery store can be cooked as soon as they are brought inside.
This is a recipe for oxtails in gravy with vegetables that can be cooked on the stove until they are fork-tender. Delicious and filling food that will satisfy your hunger. This is the solution if you loved our oxtails cooked in the slow cooker but want to cook them more quickly. This is
The cured pork sausage known as longaniza is a staple of Spanish and Latin American breakfasts. Its flavor and texture are distinctive because they are both savory and sweet.
I was wondering what set kielbasa apart from other sausages. Kielbasa is the Polish word for sausage. It's not uncommon for a Polish butcher shop to stock dozens of varieties of the word "kielbasa," but the sausage most commonly found in the United States is called "kielbasa." S that which is smoked