The Ideal Way to Make Instant Ramen
Duration: 10 minutes
Rating: 5 (8184)
Comments: Check out the community notes here
Prepare some instant ramen noodles. Enhance the broth by adding an egg and a bit of butter. To finish it off, layer slices of American cheese on top of the steaming noodles. Add toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions on top if desired. It's not a recipe that requires much effort, but for Roy Choi, this doctored instant ramen is a Korean-American soul food that he has been enjoying for ages. The combination of butter, egg, and cheese coats the noodles, providing a richer and more robust taste. "It's our go-to snack, like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or cereal," Choi explains. —Jeff Gordinier
Featured in: Ramen: A Quick Fix for the Soul
- 1 pack of ramen noodles with flavor packet
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced (optional)
Check out the Ingredient Substitution Guide here
1. Boil 2 1/2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Add the noodles and cook for two minutes. Add the flavor packet, stir, and continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, and carefully pour in the egg. Do not stir! Instead, use the noodles to cover the egg and let it sit for one minute to poach.
3. Transfer the noodle and egg mixture to a serving bowl and add the butter, cheese, and sesame seeds. Mix thoroughly. If desired, top it all off with chopped scallions.
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a