Watch This Before You Air-Fry Your Next Batch of Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
Fans of mozzarella sticks must try this method of preparation in an air fryer.
My favorite method of preparing frozen foods is to use an air fryer.
Just like our air-fried pizza rolls, pierogies, dumplings, egg rolls, bagel bites, sweet potato fries, and tater tots, all of these dishes can be prepared quickly and easily in an air fryer.
This method eliminates the need for a deep fryer and the associated wait time and cleanup.
In fact, the air fryer can be used to prepare frozen mozzarella sticks without any additional oil.
Plus, they brown beautifully on the outside and have a gooey, cheesy interior when cooked. 🙂Jump to:
In other words, why this dish is so delicious
- Making frozen cheese sticks is a breeze and results in a delicious snack that everyone can enjoy, from kids to adults.
- Yummy cheesiness encased in a crunchy exterior.
- Easy to make and delicious; no need to go out to a restaurant.
- With air frying, you can get the same crispy exterior and melty interior that you get when deep frying, but with a lot less oil.
- They are the ideal simple appetizer for football season and any other gameday parties.
- The best frozen mozzarella sticks for the air fryer require zero preparation.
That being said, why do you delay?
Get this cheesy party rolling, shall we?
Essentials for preparation
In theory, you could get away with using only one ingredient. Here are 12 frozen mozzarella sticks.
Aside from dipping in the tomato or marinara sauce, most people (myself included) enjoy serving the cheese sticks as an appetizer.
Cheese, parsley, or Italian seasoning make tasty toppings for this tasty snack.
Tips for air-frying frozen mozzarella sticks
To get the crispiest results from your air fryer, use the optional crisping tray or plate.
A single layer of mozzarella sticks should be placed in the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inspect the crisp mozzarella sticks for doneness (they are ready when the exterior is golden brown and the cheese has not yet begun to ooze out).
Air fryer mozzarella cheese sticks should be cooked for 1-3 minutes more if they are not yet golden.
Serve with a side of tomato sauce, your favorite marinara sauce, garlic pizza sauce, or another preferred dipping sauce, and garnish with grated Parmesan and/or parsley or Italian seasoning, if desired.
Cheese sticks cooked in an air fryer, please.
I made mine in a []5-quart Ninja air fryer, but any air fryer will do.
An excellent, large, and versatile air fryer, ideal for frying up some crispy, melty mozzarella sticks
Keep in mind that you might have to do things in batches if you're using a less capacious air fryer.
Putting away and heating up
Refrigerate any extra mozzarella sticks for up to three days in either aluminum foil, a zip-top bag, or an airtight container with a lid.
Reheating food is a breeze when you use an air fryer, conventional oven, or toaster oven.
- Mozzarella sticks should be arranged in a single, nonoverlapping layer for optimal presentation. If the hot air can be moved around easily, the food will cook evenly. All 12 at once won't fit without them touching each other, so split them up into 2 sets of 6.
- In smaller batches, the frozen mozzarella sticks can be cooked in as little as 5 minutes. If you're trying to cook all 12, you'll probably need to keep them in the oven for another 7 or 8 minutes.
- The frozen mozzarella sticks can be cooked straight from the freezer without preheating the air fryer, but if you prefer to do so, you should know that the cooking time may need to be shortened by 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garlic powder is a great addition to the mozz sticks before frying them.
- Cooking times in an air fryer can vary depending on the model you're using, so it's important to read the manual before you start cooking.
Cooking up to 12 frozen mozzarella sticks in an air fryer takes only 5–8 minutes.
In my experience, the air fryer works best at a temperature of 390 degrees Fahrenheit for cooking frozen mozzarella cheese sticks.
Because of how simple this recipe is to follow, you'll soon realize that the air fryer is the best appliance to use when preparing frozen mozzarella sticks.
The best frozen mozzarella stick recipe is just a few minutes away. In a short amount of time, frozen cheese sticks will rise to the top of your family's list of preferred snack foods.
Extra recipes for the air fryer
- 12 sticks of frozen mozzarella
- in addition to a serving of marinara or tomato sauce (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, grated, as a topping (optional)
- Italian seasoning and parsley for garnish (optional)
- It's important to use a crisping tray or plate if your air fryer comes with one. Place the mozzarella sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. First make sure they're cooked through (they're ready when the outside is golden brown and the cheese is just beginning to melt). If it's not done after 3 minutes, put it back in the air fryer and check it every minute.
- If desired, serve with a side of tomato or marinara sauce and garnish.
(For visual guides and other tips on how to make this dish, see the main post.)
Enjoy the Show as You Watch, Learn, and Snack Copyright is in place for all text and images. Please ask for permission before using or republishing any recipes or photos. Please re-write the recipe in your own words and include a reference to this post if you share a variation.
Your Next Seafood Delight: Pan-Seared Sea Bass in Minutes! Indulge in a delectable dinner featuring tender, flaky white fish - perfectly pan-seared sea bass. This dish allows the sea bass to shine brightly as the star of the culinary show!Pan-searing is a quick and effortless technique for preparing an
Prepare 8 eggsGather 12 ounces (340 g) of Mexican chorizoAcquire 1 white onionObtain 2 plum tomatoesRetrieve 1 clove of garlicMeasure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oilAdd salt to tasteThis recipe yields 4 servingsCollect 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of chorizo sausageObtain 1 large onionGather 4 whole
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, offers a speedy and effortless option for a side dish! This minuscule pasta is simply irresistible when tossed with a zesty combination of lemon and olive oil.Introducing a versatile and delectable side dish: Israeli couscous, also referred to as pearl
Are you yearning for spaghetti squash but would like to understand the process of cooking it? Well, let me share with you a method for cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave that is both simple and efficient, allowing you to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. All you need is a